Welcome to the Helping Hub
The Helping Hub is an organisation specifically set up to help everyone who works in the Childcare Sector. If you love working with children, and want to have as much choice as possible in where and when you work, and put your skills and experience to the best possible use, then look at our Childcare Workers Home Page for further details on how to register with us, and the services and support that we can offer. If you are an employer in the Childcare Sector be this a Childminder, Day Nursery, Playgroup or Before & After School Club etc. seeking additional help with staffing and recruitment issues, but without the significant costs involved through using a more traditional recruitment agency, then please visit our Employers Home Page to register your interest and find out how we can help in sourcing the very best people available with the local knowledge and experience to make a truly positive impact on your setting.
Range of Services for Employers
- 3 different levels of service available dependent on the needs of your business or organisation
- Access to database of Childcare Professionals
- Relief Staff available at short notice to cover everything from Unqualified Practitioner through to Management up to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Holiday, Sickness or Maternity cover for longer absences.
- Recruitment for temporary or permanent positions
- Support to run your own Recruitment Event, and follow up interviews with you
- Training Support to enrol your employees on Level 3, EYE and other employees to gain qualifications within your setting, including Apprenticeships
- Staff who have been checked through The Safer Recruitment Practice, and hold a current ‘live’ DBS
- Insurance cover for staff working in your setting
Range of Services for Childcare Workers
- Choice of childcare settings within your local area to work at
- Flexibility that allows you to work as many or as few hours a week as you want or need to do
- The benefit of having just one employer, and ensuring that employee benefits such as Pension contributions, and Statutory Parental Pay (SPP) would qualify if working sufficient hours even for different settings
- Training support to gain further childcare qualifications and the opportunity to take part in other local trainings such as SENCo, Health & Safety, EYFS etc.
- Updates of any temporary or permanent vacancies that may interest you.
- Career & interview advice to support your applications and find you a suitable role